Hearing Solutions for Everyone
Sponsored post from ReSound
Hearing loss is a major untreated health issue. According to the World Health Organization, 466 million people worldwide have ‘disabling’ hearing loss, with estimates showing it will lead to more than 900 million by 2050.
Today in the U.S., 250 million Americans live with hearing loss, many of them undiagnosed and untreated. According to the National Institutes of Health, nearly 30 million people could benefit from using hearing enhancement technology.
Hearing, and hearing loss, is a very personal experience. Some people simply decide to not get their hearing checked and treated. In fact, people often wait an average of seven to ten years to seek diagnosis, since they do not want to wear hearing aids, no matter how much they will help.
Why is there a delay in seeking care? There are often certain feelings behind not wanting hearing aids, some include:
- Artificial sound
- Lack of individualization
- Feeling old
- Size of the devices
Lots of choices in hearing “aids”
The good news is that there is a range of flexibility in today’s hearing solutions, designed to meet the needs of people no matter where they are in their hearing loss journey.
Getting your hearing tested is usually the first step in determining what hearing solution is best for you. You can take test here: https://www.resound.com/en-us/online-hearing-test.
If you think you may have hearing loss, let’s quickly recap the benefits of treating it:
- Better communication and conversations
- Boost in self-image and confidence
- Improved social life
- Improved mental health
- Feeling healthier
- Less fatigued
- Improvements in relationships and at work
For many, traditional hearing aids recommended by a hearing care professional will offer the best solution. Advances in hearing technology have come a long way. There is a strong need for hearing technology that offers a more natural sound, customization to a person’s hearing needs and convenient care in the clinic or remotely, at home.
For instance, ReSound ONE helps people experience truly individualized, natural, and more complete sound with an extra microphone placed in your ear canal. It uses your own ears to deliver sound.
For those not quite ready for hearing aids — another hearing enhancement solution to consider is the new Jabra Enhance Plus: This 3-in-1 “lifestyle” hearing device combines hearing aid technology with audio benefits of a traditional earbud.
The Jabra Enhance Plus binaural beamforming microphones, working together with advance noise-reduction algorithms, are the key feature that enable speech intelligibility and speech audibility in noise environments, such as restaurants or train stations.
Jabra Enhance Plus is 50% smaller than its current smallest consumer earbud, the Elite 75t. With a discreet form factor and a slim charging case, you can easily tuck Jabra Enhance Plus into your pocket when you are on the go and be ready to pull them out whenever you need a little boost.
Finally, Jabra Enhance Plus is not only equipped with high-end hearing enhancement capabilities but is also engineered for a premium music and call experience. Jabra Enhance Plus is one go-to device for all your needs.
If you are someone who may need a hearing aid but are not ready to jump into wearing one, Jabra Enhance Plus may be the one for you.
What to consider when choosing a hearing solution
When choosing a hearing enhancement solution like ReSound ONE or Jabra Enhance Plus, there are 3 things you should consider:
- Size and discreetness – True wireless ear buds have become much more common in the last few years but can still be socially-off putting to have a conversation with someone while they are wearing them. Hearing enhancement solutions come in a range of different form factors and sizes. For a hearing enhancement solution to work, you need to actually have them in. Discreetness is an important consideration, as you need to be comfortable wearing them.
- Comfort – If you get a hearing device that is not engineered to be worn for extended periods of time, it may lead to discomfort or an unpleasant experience. When looking for a hearing enhancement solution, you should try to find a device that fits comfortably and meets your needs. The right device will simply fade into the background and let you immerse yourself in your conversations with people who matter most.
- Music and Calls Experience – We all rely on our devices to connect throughout each day. Between virtual meetings at work, quick family calls, and voice notes, they become a central part of staying connected to people and meaningful moments. Devices like Jabra Enhance Plus offers a great music experience and acts as a headset. Recently, ReSound announced it would soon be offering “hands-free” calls via a software upgrade for ReSound ONE hearing aids. Finding a solution like this means you can enhance your hearing, listen to music, take a call, and watch your favorite movie, all with one multifunctional device.